Those on our Instagram would have seen a sneak preview of these the other night.
Last year I posted my Mars Bar Balls which went viral. They were seen all over the world and reached over one million people. They were are very expectant hit. I have done lots of different twists on them over the last 6 months but these Chocmallow Balls are probably our next favourite after the Mars Bar Balls.
You can make these with a whole marshmallows in the middle for quite large balls or you can use half a marshmallow for a smaller ball. If you do this you will just need to be aware of how the marshmallow slice is placed in the chocolate coating to be able to cut in down the middle and get a nice circle as shown in the picture. For this recipe I have used marshmallow halves.
If you do not have a tmx or similar, simply use a food processor to make these.
- 250g plain biscuits of choice
- 40g cocoa powder
- 220g sweetened condensed milk, have a little extra in case its needed
- 10 whole marshmallows cut in half to make 20 marshmallow pieces
- Sprinkles or coconut to roll in
- Place biscuits and cocoa into tmx bowl. Blitz on speed 7 until desired consistency. These can be as fine or coarse as you like.
- Add condensed milk and blitz on speed 4 until a dough forms.
- I was able to roll straight away but if you find the shapes collapse slightly, refrigerate it for 30 mins or so. If its too dry add a little more sweetened condensed milk.
- Get a small piece of "dough", flatten slightly and place a marshmallow in the middle and mould the dough around it.
- Roll into a smooth ball shape and roll into sprinkles or coconut. Work quickly as the coating dries quickly and makes it hard for sprinkles to stick.
- I keep mine in the fridge.