My granola recipes:
Fruit and Nut Granola
- 800g oats
- 200g almonds
- 200g macadamia nuts
- 50g cashews
- 50g unsalted peanuts
- 100g pepitas
- 200g sunflower kernals
- 200g shredded coconut
- 60g flaxseed meal
- 200g diced dried apple
- 200g sultanas
- 200g dried apricot, diced
- 150g coconut oil
- 120g honey
- 2 heaped teaspoons of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place almonds, macadamias, cashews and peanuts into bowl and blitz on speed 5 until slightly crushed. This is to taste.
- In a large dish combine oats, nuts, pepitas and sunflower kernals.
- In the bowl add oil, vanilla and honey.
- Mix at 50 degrees, speed 2 until melted. This shouldn’t take too long.
- Pour the oil mix over the oat mixture. Use hands or spoon to mix well.
- Spread mixture across two large ovenproof dishes or trays lined with baking paper.
- Place into the oven. I had to cook mine for 45 minutes to get a nice golden colour – you might like more or less colour. The trick is to just watch it. Stir the mixture every 10 minutes or so to avoid any burnt bits.
- Once almost done, add the coconut. Cook for 5 minutes or until coconut is slightly toasted.
- Remove from oven. Add flaxseed and fruit to mixture. Combine well.
- Once cool, store in a jar or airtight container.
- Yields 1.5kgs+
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/