This morning my three year old and I have been busy experimenting with some Christmas goodies and time got away with me so I didn’t get to make bread dough for lunch.
Herb and Garlic Wraps
A great alternative to a bread!
- 335g bakers flour
- 170g water
- 40g olive oil
- 4 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 springs parsley
- A pinch of rosemary and oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- Into the bowl add garlic cloves, parsley, rosemary and oregano.
- Add salt and pepper. Blitz on speed 7 until fine.
- Place everything into the bowl.
- Blitz on speed 6 just to slightly combine.
- Lock lid and press interval speed for 2 minutes or until a smooth, ball like dough is formed. Add a little extra flour if needed.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes or up to an hour.
- Remove from bowl. Divide your dough into 8 pieces.
- Using a little flour to dust, roll out your dough into thin circles. My shape is a bit rustic. You want it only a few millimeters in thickness so they cook quickly and evenly.
- I rolled all my 8-10 balls before commencing the cooking process.
- Place a large frying pan on a medium heat. Once warm place a tortilla on it.
- Once they start bubbling it's often a good time to flip.
- You will only need to cook for a minute or so each side but keep an eye on them so they don't burn. You want them to be cooked but still flexible.
- Use as much or as little herbs and garlic as you like.
- These can be frozen. Just thaw and warm before eating.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/