Another baby porridge. My 5 month old is loving these. With this one I’ve actually split the mix in two to have one batch of porridge and a batch of just the fruit purée for the times you just want fruit.
The fruit and porridge versions can be freezed as it thaws and reheats nicely.
The porridge consistency can be easily thinned with a little cooled boiled water or thickened with more oat cereal. Each baby’s preference on consistency can differ. Tweak this to suit your baby.
You can cook the oat cereal and fruit all at once but I find it goes too gluggy.
I make batches of oat cereal at a time to prevent needing to blitz the oats first each time. See my Oat Cereal recipe here.
Tip: I freeze my baby food in silicone cups (if I have run out of ice cube trays/pouches) on a tray then pop the puree “pods” into ziplock bags or freezer containers and freeze until needed.Other baby porridges:
Mango and Peach Porridge
A delicious and hearty breakfast perfect for bub.
- 50g rolled oats (or oat cereal)
- Flesh of 1 large mango, chopped roughly
- 5 large peaches, stone removed and chopped roughly
- 4 tmx measuring cups of water
- Place rolled oats into bowl.
- Blitz for 30 seconds on speed 9.
- Set aside.
- Add fruit and water to bowl.
- Cook for 10 minutes, speed 2 at 100 degrees.
- Once done, remove half of the purée and pour into containers/ice cube trays. This gave me enough for 6 small containers.
- To the remaining purée in the bowl, add oat cereal.
- Mix on speed 6 for 30 seconds to combine well and cook the oat cereal through using the heat of the fruit.
- Spoon into 6 small containers, cool then pop into the freezer.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/