I have had so many great reviews on my soft fluffy white bread tips and recipes that I thought I would make a specific bread roll post.
These are great for hamburgers or to have in the lunchbox.
You can use your hands to knead the dough. Simply bring all the ingredients together with your hands until a slight dough forms. Be sure to knead the dough well for about 5 to 10 minutes by hand. It’s a great workout for those arms! Follow the remaining instructions.
- 220g lukewarm water
- 375g bakers flour
- 1.5 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1.5 teaspoons of bread improver, optional
- Milk or egg, lightly beaten
- Sesame seeds
- Add the ingredients in this order: water, yeast, flour, improver, salt.
- Blitz on speed 7 for 10 seconds to roughly combine.
- Knead for 6 mins.
- Remove dough and place into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with cling film and place into a warm spot. I use the front seat of my car or a warmed oven.
- Leave this to rise for approximately an hour or until doubled.
- Remove dough from bowl, knock out the air by shaping your dough into 7 bread rolls.
- Place them onto a lined tin in a flower formation (one roll in the middle and 6 around it) ensuring they slightly touch.
- Brush with a little milk or egg wash and sesame seeds.
- Allow to rise until almost doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes.