Here is a spicy version of my Krispy Fried Chicken.
I’m a big baby with spice so you may need to add a little extra chilli to the mix. If you are worried it will be too spicy just add bit by bit, tasting along the way.
Spicy Fried Chicken Coating
- 2 tablespoon salt, less if preferred
- 1.5 tablespoon black peppercorns or 1 tabs ground black pepper, less if preferred
- 1.5 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 tablespoon hot chilli flakes, to taste
- 350g plain flour
- Place all spices and herbs into tmx.
- Blitz on speed 10 for 30 seconds. Scrape down. Repeat. You are wanting a fine grind.
- Add flour and blitz on speed 10 for 20 seconds.
- Have a taste of your flour. You can tweak the quantities used to suit your tastes. Add additional flavour of needed and blitz again on speed 10 for 30 seconds to ensure its well combined. If you feel the flavours are too intense you can add more flour.
- I sprinkle some whole chilli flakes through mine just so I can see at a glance its the spicy one to avoid any confusion.
- This will be enough flour for at least three batches of ten chicken strips.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/