One thing I love about Christmas is the abundance of shortbread in the shops and made by friends and family. I’ve now mastered it and can enjoy it all year round! (Not sure my hips are pleased about this).
Vanilla Bean Shortbread
Great for Christmas or gift giving. Drizzle a little chocolate over these for something different.
- 40g white chocolate
- 30g macadamias
- 250g butter
- 90g sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Vanilla bean paste, less if you ant a subtle taste
- 100g rice flour
- 300g plain flour
- Extra sugar for sprinkling on top of shortbread
- Extra flour for rolling dough
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place macadamias and chocolate into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 6 until slightly broken down.
- Place all ingredients into the Thermomix bowl.
- Blitz on speed 6 for 20 secs or until a dough has slightly formed. It may take a little longer depending on how cold your butter is. The longer you knead, the better it will come together.
- Knead on interval speed for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle bench with a little flour and slightly knead dough. Roll out into 0.5 - 1cm thickness.
- Flour cutters lightly and cut shapes from the dough.
- Place shapes on baking trays 2cm apart.
- Continue to knead and roll dough and cut shapes from until all is used.
- Sprinkle shapes with a little sugar.
- Bake for approx 12-15 mins or until slightly golden. The time will depend on what shapes you used and their size.
- Instead of shapes you can roll into balls and flatten slightly with a fork.
- This makes a great jam drop biscuit too. Just roll dough into balls. Make a well in the centre. Place a dollop of jam in the middle. My tmx strawberry jam posted a few days ago is great for this.
- This makes approximately 30-40 biscuits depending on the size and shape you roll or cut these.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/