There is something very therapeutic about something slowly toasting away and stiring it every so often. Watching the transformation from oats to a delicious granola is exciting! (I need a life dont I!?!)
My granola recipes:
Apple Cinnamon Granola
- 750g oats
- 200g almonds
- 100g pepitas
- 200g sunflower kernals
- 200g shredded coconut
- 50g sesame seeds
- 60g flaxseed meal
- 200g diced dried apple
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 100g of coconut oil
- 200g apple purée
- 40g maple syrup
- 1 heaped teaspoon of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place almonds into bowl and blitz on speed 5 until slightly crushed. This is to taste.
- In a large dish combine cinnamon, oats, almonds, pepitas and sunflower kernals.
- In the bowl add oil, vanilla, apple purée and maple syrup.
- Mix at 50 degrees, speed 2 until melted. This shouldn’t take too long.
- Pour the oil mix over the oat mixture. Use hands or spoon to mix well.
- Spread mixture across two large ovenproof dishes or trays lined with baking paper.
- Place into the oven. I had to cook mine for 45 minutes to get a nice golden colour – you might like more or less colour. The trick is to just watch it. Stir the mixture every 10 minutes or so to avoid any burnt bits.
- Once almost done, add the coconut and sesame seeds. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until coconut is slightly toasted.
- Remove from oven. Add flaxseed meal and dried apple to mixture. Combine well.
- Once cool, store in a jar or airtight container.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer https://trtlmt.com.au/