My partner can’t decide if this or my Apple and Cinnamon version is his favourite. Lucky I make a new batch weekly and can vary the flavours.
I use apricot purée as the sweetener in this. You can make this by placing apricots with stone removed into the tmx with a tmx measuring cup of water and cook for 10 mins, speed 2, 100 degrees. Blitz to form a purée. Use water to thin it if needed.
You can add more fruit or nuts to this if you like to stretch it out.
My granola recipes:
Apricot and Coconut Granola
- 750g oats
- 100g pepitas
- 200g sunflower kernals
- 200g shaved or moist flake coconut
- 50g flaxseed meal
- 50g chia seeds
- 200g dried apricots, diced
- 2 tablespoons ground saigon cinnamon (Saigon gives a sweeter flavour)
- 100g of coconut oil
- 150g apricot purée
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla bean paste or 1/2 tablespoon of essence/extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large dish combine cinnamon, oats, pepitas and sunflower kernals.
- In the tmx bowl add oil, vanilla, purée and honey.
- Mix at 50 degrees, speed 2 until melted. This shouldn’t take too long.
- Pour the oil mix over the oat mixture. Use hands or spoon to mix well.
- Spread mixture across two large ovenproof dishes or trays lined with baking paper.
- Place into the oven. I had to cook mine for 45 minutes to get a nice golden colour – you might like more or less colour. The trick is to just watch it. Stir the mixture every 10 minutes or so to avoid any burnt bits.
- Once almost done, add the coconut. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until coconut is slightly toasted.
- Remove from oven. Add flaxseed meal, chia seeds and dried apricot to mixture. Combine well.
- Once cool, store in a jar or airtight container.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer https://trtlmt.com.au/