Sausages are always a hit with the boys. Ive detoured off my meal plan for the week so I use up some sausages I had in the fridge.
I like this served with mashed potato but the kiddies prefer rice. You can add a lot more veg to this to bulk it up.
Cheats Curried Sausages
A quick and easy curried sausage recipe using curry powder.
- 8 sausages
- 300-400g basmati rice + 800g water
- 10g coconut oil
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tabs curry powder, use as much or as you prefer
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into small pieces
- 300ml water
- 400g tinned tomatoes or fresh
- 1 tabs vegetable stock concentrate
- Place rice into basket. Rinse thoroughly. Place into bowl.
- Pour over the 800g water. Attach lid.
- Place steaming attachment on top.
- Place sausages in the bottom steaming attachment tray. I do them in two layers, criss crossed, with space between each one.
- Cook at steaming temperature for 20 minutes on speed 3.
- Once done and you have checked the rice is cooked, remove steaming attachment and rice basket. Pour rice into insulated server and set aside. Set sausages aside.
- Empty water from the bowl.
- Add zucchini, onion and garlic to the bowl.
- Blitz on speed 9 for 5 seconds. Scrape down. Repeat.
- Add coconut oil and curry powder and cook at 100 degrees for 5 minutes on speed 1.
- Insert whisk attachment (Please note: Because this is a curry your whisk will most likely stain. You can do it without the whisk but I find the sausages and veg end up chopped and resemble mince).
- Add carrots, water, tomatoes and stock concentrate.
- Cook at 100 degrees for 15 minutes, reverse on speed 1.
- Meanwhile remove skins from sausages and chop into small chunks.
- Once the sauce is done, add the sausages.
- Mix on reverse, spoon soft for 2 minutes or until sausages are completely covered in the sauce.
- Those with a Thermomix will know their steaming temperature as Varoma temperature. Other machines will know it as the steaming or ST temperature.
- Those with a Thermomix will know their steaming attachment as a Varoma. Other machines will know it as the steamer.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer https://trtlmt.com.au/