These are one of my original recipes redone. I have tweaked it to use less chicken and more vegetables to be a budget friendly meal. One chicken breast gives 36 sausage rolls. Use any veggies you like.
These are a great last minute dinner idea. The kiddies love these and gobble them all up.
I love how the filling takes less than a minute to make and is nice and healthy (minus the pastry) with lots of hidden veggies. I use the filling as a meatball mince too. Roll up into balls and bake. Serve as is or with a yummy tomato and herb sauce.
These are great for the lunchbox.
- 1 large chicken breast, chopped into chunks
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1/2 green capsicum, roughly chopped
- 40g baby spinach leaves (use less if you dont want a green colour to these. Id suggest 20g or just slicing the spinach by hand)
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped (or leek/onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Pinch of parsley
- 1 large tablespoon of vegetable stock concentrate
- 3 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place everything except chicken, pastry and stock into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 7 for 5 secs or until desired consistency is achieved. You want some consistency to the vegetables.
- Add chicken and stock. Blitz on speed 7 for 6 secs. You want a nice smooth mixture without large chunks. It will be a slightly wet mixture.
- Layer chicken mix on puff pastry. I get two long rolls out of each sheet and cut into a total of twelve rolls. I get 36 rolls in total with this recipe.
- Brush with milk and top with sesame seeds.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden.