Originally posted to our Facebook page 1st November, 2013.
After a lot of trialling I have found a risotto recipe that everyone likes. My partner in particular likes this one and it is full of flavour.
I always use store bought chicken stock and I find that it gives it a real flavour kick. You can vary what you use of course. People rave about thermomade chicken stocks and pastes. I’m yet to try making these myself.
I add asparagus and spinach to this also if I have some in the house for extra veggies. Peas would work well too.
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 5 slices shortcut bacon, diced
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced
- 10g olive oil
- 360g arborio rice
- 1 litre of liquid chicken stock (or 1 litre of water with 2 tabs veggie stock concentrate added)
- Parmesan cheese, for garnishing
- Place leek and garlic into bowl. Blitz on speed 9 for 5 secs. Scrape down.
- Add bacon and oil and cook at 100 degrees, speed 2 for 5 minutes.
- Attach whisk attachment.
- Add chicken and cook at 100 degrees, speed 1 for 5 minutes.
- Open lid and scrape the chicken off the butterfly and scrape down the bowl.
- Add rice and liquid.
- Cook at 100 degrees, reverse, speed 1 for 18 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
- You may know the whisk attachment as a "butterfly attachment".