We aren’t huge mushroom eaters. I actually like them in this but my partner doesn’t. You can easily leave them out.
Don’t let the sour cream scare you. I hated sour cream before tasting this dish. You can switch it for the Philadelphia Cream for Cooking if you prefer that or Creme Friache. The flavour isn’t the same but still tasty.
You can also bulk this up with more veggies. Peas, diced zucchini and corn work well.
- 4 puff pastry sheets
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 pieces of shortcut bacon, diced
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 10g olive oil
- 1/2 tabs "season all" seasoning
- 300g sour cream
- 50g grated cheese
- Pepper, to taste
- Egg, lightly beaten
- Sesame seed
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place leek and garlic into bowl. Blitz on speed 9 for 5 secs.
- Meanwhile, cut up chicken into bite size pieces and coat in season all.
- Once onion mix is finished, add bacon and oil and cook at 100 degrees, speed 2 for 5 minutes.
- Attach butterfly attachment.
- Add chicken and cook at 100 degrees, reverse, speed 2 for 5 minutes.
- Open lid and scrape the chicken off the butterfly and scrape down the bowl. Leave butterfly in.
- Add sour cream. Cook at 100 degrees, reverse, speed 2 for 15 minutes. In the last 4 minutes add the mushrooms, cheese and pepper.
- Slice each puff pastry sheet in half.
- Place a little of the mix on one half and fold over. Seal the sides.
- Repeat for all. You will get 8 parcels from this mix.
- Brush with a little beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Whilst they are baking I make mash in the tmx and steam some carrot and asparagus to serve with it. Salad on the side also works well.