We are loving tmx “fried rices” at the moment. Its easy to make and makes quite a lot.
I love garlic and pepper so this dish is now my fave. I can’t tell you how delicious this was.
With this recipe use any veg you like. I just make sure the top steamer attachment tray is full.
Don’t like the look of fried rice? Don’t worry! Try my Garlic Pepper Chicken variation.
Here are my other takes on “Fried Rice”:
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 6 pieces each
- 400g basmati rice
- 800g water
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 broccoli head, chopped into florets
- Big handful of snow peas
- Peas, to taste
- Corn, to taste
- 2 spring onions sliced, for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 spring onions, chopped roughly
- 50g soy sauce
- 50g oyster sauce
- 15g brown sugar
- 10g fish sauce
- Place garlic and spring onions into bowl. Blitz on speed 8 for 5 secs. Scrape down.
- Add sauces, pepper and sugar. Blitz on speed 4 for 5 seconds.
- Place chicken in bowl and place in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to marinate.
- Place chicken pieces on the bottom steaming attachment tray. Scrape as much sauce out of the bowl on to the chicken. Do not wash the bowl out. This will give the rice a yummy flavour.
- Place rice into basket. Wash rice thoroughly. Make sure its really wet. Put basket in place in the bowl. Pour over 800g of water.
- Cook at steaming temp for 22 minutes on speed 3.
- In the last 10 minutes place veggies on top steaming attachment tray. Put in place.
- When done, check that the chicken is cooked.
- Remove steaming attachment carefully.
- Remove rice basket and pour the sauce from the bowl into a jug.
- Place the chicken into the bowl. Blitz on reverse, speed 4 for 4-6 secs.
- In the bottom steaming attachment tray, add the rice, cooked veg and shredded chicken. Mix to combine.
- Pour over the sauce that was set aside in the jug.
- Sprinkle with shallots.