This delicious recipe comes from an issue of The 4 Blades Magazine called The 5 Ingredients Issue. This is the current issue of The 4 Blades Magazine and is jam packed full of recipes that use only 5 ingredients. Seriously! Click here to learn more about our amazing thermomixing magazine.
Photo courtesy of The 4 Blades Magazine photography team.
Tell me more about this issue
We will help you make the most of the time you have in the kitchen! There are 45+ tried and tested Thermomix recipes in The 5 Ingredients Issue.
Want to know more about The 5 Ingredients Issue?
- Simple but delicious breakfasts using only 5 ingredients. Our yummy Egg in Ham Cups can be enjoyed for breakfast, or in a lunchbox. Apple users can get this recipe as part of their free preview.
- Need some fuss free snacks? Kids will love making Ham and Cheese Pockets, and everyone will love eating them!
- We know that lunch boxes can be a pain point for many families, so we have come up with five yummy lunchbox fillers everyone will love. The simple Honey Biscuits are sure to be a hit.
- Pasta is an easy meal, but extra easy with only 5 ingredients! We have some basic recipes like Spaghetti Not From a Tin, or more fancy options like the Sweet Potato, Blue Cheese and Rocket Pasta Salad.
- We know chicken is a common dinner ingredients for our readers, so are giving you five new options for the rotation, each with only 5 ingredients! The Honey and Lime Glazed Chicken Drumsticks are ever so tasty!
- You will find some vegetarian faves in this issue. We know everyone will love the Black Bean Chilli and Zucchini Fries.
- For an impressive meal, try some of our 5 ingredient seafood ideas. From Lemon Garlic Butter Scallops to Chilli Crab Cakes, you will find something that you will love.
- Love a bite of something sweet? We have some great options for you. The Cinnamon Shortbread is easy, but delicious!
- For a simple dessert with only 5 ingredients, you will be spoilt for choice. Our cover image, the Passionfruit Cheesecake Pots, are easy but delicious.
- We have included 7 bonus recipes in this issue. They are some of our favourite recipes for making your own basics from scratch. They may have more than 5 ingredients, but they can be used in the recipes from this issue.
Want to try before you buy? Apple users can tap preview to download an introduction to The On the Road Issue, including a full contents and two bonus recipes.
Love what you see? Tap the big yellow Subscribe button to get the latest issue and each new issue as it is released every month, along with all the subscriber-only bonus issues.
A monthly subscription is only $5.99, or you can choose a 6 month subscription for $29.99 (auto-renewable after the month / 6 month period). This gives you access to the latest issue, all subscriber-only Private issues and any issues released while your subscription is current. To purchase an individual issue is only $6.99. You can unsubscribe at any time. Instructions available: www.the4blades.com/unsubscribe
(Note: prices listed are in Australian dollars, but you will be charged the equivalent in your local currency)Print
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 lemon, zest and juice only + 12 lemon slices
- handful of fresh parsley
- 20g olive oil*
- 1 tsp salt flakes*
- 1 tsp ground black pepper*
- 4 chicken thighs, sliced open
- 500g hot tap water*
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- Add the garlic cloves (3), lemon zest (from 1 lemon) and fresh parsley (handful) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add lemon juice (from 1 lemon), oil (20g), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp). Blend Speed 8 / 30 seconds.
- Add opened chicken thighs (4) to the bowl and pour the marinade over the top. Cover with clingfilm so that no air is in contact with the surface of the chicken. Alternatively, marinate in a sealed snap lock bag. Marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes. If you are short on time you can skip this step.
- Add hot tap water (500g) to the bowl.
- Put lemon slices (12) over the base of the steaming attachment upper tray. Set opened chicken thighs on top of the lemon slices and set the steaming attachment into place. Program 13 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Add asparagus (2 bunches) to the steaming attachment lower dish. Carefully set the steaming attachment into place. Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Check your chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken over asparagus.
- *Oil, salt, pepper and water are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Please do not copy or share my recipes in full elsewhere. Please share the recipe URL instead. Before commencing any recipe, please be sure to read and adhere to the user guides and safety manuals of your thermo mixer and/or other appliances used. Each appliance differs; therefore, the recipes and methods are to be used as guides only. Exercise caution and common sense in the kitchen at all times.