I would thin this out with a little water or stock after blending to turn it into a hearty soup for the rest of the family.
Lentils can sometimes be hard for some babies to digest so be sure to include all the veggies stated as this helps with the digestion process. A little spinach would be a great addition and also aid the digestion of lentils.
It breaks down quite a bit so is perfect for older babies on mash and coarser meals. Pulverise as much or as little as your baby desires.
I use a salt reduced stock concentrate for all my sons meals. I use 1/4 of what is suggested in the EDC. I leave the skin on the vegetables unless stated.
This made 10 small pots of puree. I freeze them until needed. You can double this recipe if desired. Just be sure not add water past the “max” mark on your bowl.
- 1/2 onion, peeled
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 220g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 80g carrot, roughly chopped
- 85g zucchini, roughly chopped
- 450g water
- 50g split red lentils, rinsed and remove any discoloured lentils
- 1/2 tablespoon salt reduced veggie stock concentrate
- Place onion into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 8 for 5 seconds.
- Add oil.
- Cook at 100 degrees for 5 mind, speed 2.
- Add remaining veggies and blitz on speed 7 for 6 seconds.
- Add water, stock and lentils.
- Cook at 100 degrees for 20 minutes, speed 2.
- Blitz on speed 10 for 30 seconds or until desired consistency.
- I freeze these in individual portions. Simply thaw and reheat before serving.