Here is the last of the three sweets I promised I would post. What does that mean? Time to create some new ones of course!!!!
- 250g butter, diced
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 4 eggs
- 210g self raising flour, sifted
- 40g cocoa powder, sifted
- 100g soft licorice, diced (use more or if desired)
- 50g soft licorice, diced
- Melted white chocolate to drizzle over the top, optional
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Line a lamington tin with baking paper.
- Blitz butter and chocolate for 5-10 sec on speed 7.
- Melt at 60 degrees on speed 2 for 4-5 mins or until melted.
- Add sugar and vanilla. Mix on speed 4 until just combined.
- Add eggs one at a time through the hole in the lid.
- Add flour, licorice and cocoa powder. Blitz on speed 4 until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Do not over bake this. You want a nice fudgey soft brownie. The one shown was over baked. Still tasty but not fudgey and gooey like it should be.
- Once cake is done, remove from the oven. Let cool for 5 minutes then pop onto a cooling rack.
- Place licorice on top once cooled. Place melted white chocolate into a ziplock bag. Snip the corner and drizzle over the brownie. Alternatively use a piping bag with fine tip.
- Leave to set.