Today the boys wanted pancakes for afternoon tea but with a sick bub I couldn’t be bothered standing at the stove for multiple batches.
Cooking these in the oven is super quick. It took about 5 minutes at 180 degrees to cook these.
These are bite size and perfect in the lunchbox. They can be frozen also.
Some pancake/pikelet inspiration:
- Banana Honey Pikelets
- Cinnamon Oat Pancakes
- Cinnamon Scroll Pancakes
- Nutella Pancakes
- Oven Pancake Bites with Honey and Cinnamon
Oven Pancake Bites
- 150g plain flour
- 1 teas baking powder
- 1 egg
- 150g milk (buttermilk gives a lighter result)
- 2 teas ground cinnamon
- 45g honey, or to taste
- 20g butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place butter into tmx bowl.
- Melt at 50 degrees for 1 minute, speed 2.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Blitz on speed 4 for 20 seconds.
- Put the batter in a squeeze bottle.
- Squeeze small amounts of batter the size of a 20 cent coin on the baking paper leaving space between each one.
- Bake for approximately 5 mins or until cooked through.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer https://trtlmt.com.au/