Today is is rainy and miserable and cold and blergh. It is perfect soup weather though and boy do I love soup.
Given the weather I thought I would share with you my Potato and Leek Soup with Garlic Croutons. This soup is so thick and luscious! It makes the perfect comfort food on a cold and miserable day. Making your own yummy garlic croutons is nice and easy… you will wonder why you haven’t done it before!
This recipe comes from The Classics Issue of The 4 Blades Magazine. The 4 Blades Magazine is a premium interactive digital magazine completely dedicated to getting the most out of your thermomixer. We feature only the best recipes, food ideas, tips and tricks each month in our themed issues. Every month we release over 40 tried and tested recipes and outline how you can use them in your day-to-day lives. No more wondering what to cook this week. We make that SO easy. Our recipes are clear, easy to follow and have gorgeous pictures. We highlight options for those with gluten, dairy, egg and tree nut intolerances we also have a comprehensive dietary index in each issue. Click here for more info.
The Classics Issue is full of delicious warm meals perfect for the cooler months. From pastas to pies, and roasts to warming soups (and everything in between) we have you covered. You can purchase this as an individual issue. Click here for more info.
- 2 leeks, roughly sliced and washed between the layers
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 20g butter
- 900g potato, washed or peeled and cubed
- 1L liquid chicken stock
- chives, to garnish
- Garlic croutons
- 4 big slices of Turkish Bread
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- If necessary, weigh potatoes (900g) and set aside so that you can prepare them whilst the vegetables are cooking.
- Place leeks (2), onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) in bowl and chop Speed 7 / 8 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add butter (20g) and heat 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 1.
- Add potato (900g) and stock (1L) and cook for 25 minutes / 100C / Speed 2. Place internal steaming basket on top to prevent splatters.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200C.
- Rub bread all over with peeled garlic clove. Place on a baking tray.
- Bake for a couple of minutes until golden.
- Once the soup has cooked cooked, slowly increase speed to Speed 6 / 30 seconds. Please read your machine's user manual for correct method of safely blending soups as each machine varies.
- Serve soup with the crunchy garlic croutons.