Stroganoff is such a popular dish in many homes I thought why not try it with meatballs! This quickly became a favourite in our house and featured regularly over the last year.
This is a delicious meal perfect for the colder months ahead. Team up with some delicious hot pasta or mashed potato and steamed vegetables. However you serve it we are sure it will impress.
Photo courtesy of The 4 Blades Magazine photography team.
Tell me more about this issue
If you are not using your steaming attachment, you are not using your thermo mixer to the best of its ability! We will help you make the most of your mixer with TThe Steaming Issue Vol II.
Want to know more about The Steaming Issue Vol II?
- We have a meatball bonanza, with easy meatball meals and flavours the whole family will love. There is even a yummy vegetarian option.
- Do you like to eat yum cha? Create an authentic yum cha meal from home with your steaming attachment. You will find your favourite pork buns and dumplings inside!
- Want to learn how to cook a delicious pork meal? We have a lot of options for you, including pork belly, fillet, mince, tenderloin and ribs. They have received rave reviews!
- Looking for some easy seafood meals that the whole family will enjoy? We have five seafood meals which make great use of your steaming attachment.
- Using your steamer can make your meals go even further. This issue is packed with dinner ideas featuring chicken, lamb and beef complemented by beautiful flavours.
- You will find a selection of the best vegetarian meals that are so tasty no one will miss the meat.
- Of course we had to include some yummy steamed desserts! This assortment of puddings and cheesecakes will have your mouth watering.
A monthly subscription is only $5.99, or you can choose a 6 month subscription for $29.99. This gives you access to the latest issue, all subscriber-only Private issues and any issues released while your subscription is current. To purchase an individual issue is only $6.99.
- 80g carrot, roughly chopped
- 60g zucchini, roughly chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 1 Tbsp onion flakes
- 1 tsp dried onion powder
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 20g oil
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 20g tomato paste
- 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce, recipe in Make Your Own Subscriber Bonus
- 600g liquid beef stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- 1.5 Tbsp sour cream
- To make the meatballs, place the carrot (80g) and zucchini (60g) into bowl and chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down.
- Add mince (500g), onion flakes (1 Tbsp), onion powder (1 tsp) and breadcrumbs (50g) and mix Speed 5 until combined.
- Pour mixture out onto a plate.
- Get two pieces of baking paper. Scrunch them under water. Smooth out and place into both the steaming attachment lower dish and the upper tray.
- Roll 24 small meatballs from the mince mixture and place on both layers of the steaming attachment. Place steaming attachment into the fridge whilst you prepare your sauce.
- Place onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) into bowl and chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down.
- Add oil (20g) and cook for 4 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add paprika (1 Tbsp), tomato paste (20g), Worcestershire Sauce (1/2 Tbsp), stock (600g), salt and pepper to bowl.
- Place steaming attachment in place. Cook for 23 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Remove meatballs and carefully place into an insulated server to keep warm.
- Meanwhile mix cornflour (1 Tbsp) and water (1 Tbsp) together. Add to hot liquid. Cook for 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add sour cream (1.5 Tbsp) and mix on Speed 3 until combined.
- Pour sauce over meatballs and serve over pasta, mashed potato or zoodles.
- This recipe is featured in The Steaming Issue Vol II of The 4 Blades Magazine. Available now through The 4 Blades App available on Google Play and the App store.