My partner LOVES cinnamon more than he loves me so I thought I’d make some sort of loaf that would be a good lunchbox snack.
This was originally a CWA recipe from memory that I changed and tweaked a bit.
It’s a great recipe to use up that buttermilk you have from butter making! If you don’t have buttermilk you can make it by adding 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to a cup of milk an letting if stand for 5 mins or so.
This loaf is a cross between a cake and bread. It’s not to my tastes but my partner loves it!!!
- 70g butter
- 400g self raising flour
- 200g sugar
- 10g ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 210g buttermilk or milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place all dry ingredients and butter into bowl.
- Blitz on speed 8 until fine crumbs form. About 15-20 seconds.
- Add milk and eggs.
- Blitz on speed 4 for 30 seconds until well combined.
- Pour into prepared tin.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes until firm to touch.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve into slices as is or with a little butter or jam.
- Serve warm or cold.