For me food and memories go hand in hand. These cookies remind me of being a child and helping my grandma make similar ones to these. Some of my best memories are from when I was younger and cooking in my grandmas kitchen. I hope my boys grow up with similar memories.
Crunchy Coconut Cookies
- 150g sugar
- 125g butter, diced
- 2 teas vanilla bean paste (or essence/extract)
- 2 tabs coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 220g self raising flour
- 80g desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Add butter, coconut oil, sugar and vanilla to bowl.
- Blitz on speed 6 for 15 secs. Scrape down.
- Blitz on speed 4 for 1 minute until pale.
- Add egg through the hole.
- Blitz on speed 4 for 1 minute.
- Add flour and coconut.
- Blitz on speed 5 until combined. I find I sometimes have to use the spatula to help this process.
- Roll into balls, place on tray and flatten slightly with fingers. This makes 24 cookies.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until slightly golden
- I find this mixture can sometimes be a little crumbly. If so just add a little more coconut oil and blitz. Or you can mould it in your hand to warm the butter and oil up making it easier to roll.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/