It’s so easy to make your own cob loaf.
I use my go to basic dough recipe for these but flavour mine with herbs – parsley, rosemary and basil. Add these in with the other ingredients before kneading.
Herbed Cob Loaf2014-05-07 23:54:14Serves 6Perfect for cob loaf dips or soups.Prep Time1 hr 30 minCook Time45 minTotal Time2 hr 15 minPrep Time1 hr 30 minCook Time45 minTotal Time2 hr 15 minDough
- 450g lukewarm water
- 750g bakers flour
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoons of bread improver, optional
- 1 tablespoon each of parsley, oregano, basil and chivesInstructions
- Add the ingredients in this order: water, yeast, flour, improver, herbs and salt.
- Blitz on speed 7 for 10 seconds to roughly combine.
- Lock lid and use the kneading function for 6 mins.
- Remove dough and place into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with cling film and place into a warm spot. I use the front seat of my car or a warmed oven.
- Leave this to rise for approximately an hour or until doubled.
- Once risen, place dough onto a lined tray and shape into a cob shape.
- Leave it to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until golden on top and sounding hollow when tapped on the base.The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/