This is a budget friendly meal as it only uses 250g of mince and feeds a family of four to eight. You bulk this meal out with lots of veggies and red lentils. If you want a bigger quantity just add more veggies or lentils.
Veggie Packed Beef Nachos
One very popular recipe packed full of goodness.
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 capsicums, roughly chopped
- 2 small zucchinis, roughly chopped
- 10g oil
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning or to taste
- 250g mince
- 200g tinned tomatoes
- 50g dried red lentils
- 1/2 tablespoon veggie stock concentrate
- 1 tmx measuring cup of water
- Place all veggies into bowl and blitz on speed 8 until fine.
- Add oil and taco seasoning.
- Cook at steaming temp for 2 minutes.
- Add broken up mince and red lentils.
- Cook at steaming, reverse, speed 2 for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, water and stock concentrate.
- Cook at steaming temp, reverse, speed 2 for 15 minutes. You may find you need to pop the rice basket on top to prevent splatter.
- Ensure lentils are cooked before serving.
- Those with a Thermomix will know their steaming temperature as Varoma temperature. Other machines will know it as the steaming or ST temperature.
The Road to Loving My Thermo Mixer http://trtlmt.com.au/