It’s absolutely freezing here today so it’s pies and steamed veg for dinner.
My boys are picky with veggies at the moment so I love packing lots in the sauce in addition to the ones served on their plate. You can’t even tell they are there which is great and adds to the flavour.
I use a pie maker for these but you can use muffin tins or make a family size one. This is enough mixture for 16 pies in my pie maker or 1 family pie.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 10g coconut oil
- 1 - 2 tabs curry powder or paste (or to taste)
- 1 head of broccoli, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, roughly chopped
- 400g mince
- 2 tabs tomato paste
- 2 tabs worcestershire sauce
- 1 tabs of veggie stock concentrate
- 1 mc water
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 sheets of puff pastry (this will be for 8 pies. You can make 16 pies with this mixture however)
- Place garlic and onion in bowl and blitz on speed 8 for 5 seconds. Scrape down.
- Add coconut oil and curry powder.
- Cook on steaming temperature on speed 2 for 4 minutes.
- Add veggies and chop until fine.
- Add mince and cook at steaming temperature on reverse, speed 2 for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (not the pastry).
- Cook at steaming temperature on reverse, speed 2 for 10 minutes.
- Spoon into puff pastry rounds and cook until golden.
- The flavour of the pies really depends on the curry powder/paste you use as well as your veggie stock concentrate. Add more or less to taste. Mine are somewhat mild for the kiddies.
- Those with a Thermomix will know their steaming temperature as Varoma temperature. Other machines will know it as the steaming or ST temperature.