This delicious recipe comes from an issue of The 4 Blades Magazine called The Dinner Party Issue! Click here to learn more about our amazing thermomixing magazine.
If you are looking for a recipe that is quick, easy and will please almost anyone, this is the one to cook. Tacos are great for entertaining, as your guests can build their tacos any way they like. Vary the filings to suit your tastes.
Photo courtesy of The 4 Blades Magazine photography team.
Tell me more about this issue
We will help you make the most of the time you have in the kitchen! There are 45+ tried and tested Thermomix recipes in The Dinner Party Issue.
Want to know more about The Dinner Party Issue?
- Sit down to an Italian dinner party with homemade ciabatta (available for free as a preview recipe), pizza, pasta and an impressive cheesecake dessert.
- Sharing yummy Mexican food is so much fun, and can be a delicious way to have a casual dinner party with friends. Our cover image, the Raspberry Frozen Margaritas, will go down a treat with your tacos, burritos and the like.
- Invite some friends over for a Summer BBQ dinner party and enjoy the food straight from the BBQ (prepared in your Thermomix!) with a yummy cold Berry Ice Cream Pie for dessert.
- For vegetarian food that everyone will enjoy, check out our Vegetarian dinner party. The Crumbed Bocconcini starter will be devoured in no time at all.
- Paleo more your style? Start with a delicious soup, followed by a yummy Middle Eastern Crumbed Lamb Rump, served with amazing vegetable side dishes and you are on your way to an memorable night.
- Dinner parties are much more fun when you are WITH your guests, rather than in the kitchen all night. That is why we have created the Make Ahead dinner party. Everything can be made ahead of time so that you can just sit down and enjoy food with friends.
- Enjoy a beautifully hand crafted meal between four friends for only $100. You would pay so much more for this line up if you were eating out. Enjoy restaurant quality food from the comfort of your own home.
Want to try before you buy? Apple users can tap preview to download an introduction to The On the Road Issue, including a full contents and two bonus recipes.
Love what you see? Tap the big yellow Subscribe button to get the latest issue and each new issue as it is released every month, along with all the subscriber-only bonus issues.
A monthly subscription is only $5.99, or you can choose a 6 month subscription for $29.99 (auto-renewable after the month / 6 month period). This gives you access to the latest issue, all subscriber-only Private issues and any issues released while your subscription is current. To purchase an individual issue is only $6.99. You can unsubscribe at any time. Instructions available: www.the4blades.com/unsubscribe
(Note: prices listed are in Australian dollars, but you will be charged the equivalent in your local currency)Print
- 600g chicken thighs or breast, roughly chopped
- 600g liquid chicken stock
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 mild chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 20g olive oil
- 1 lime, juice only
- sour cream
- guacamole or avocado slices
- jalapeños, sliced
- Place chicken (600g) into the internal steaming basket. Set the basket in place. Add the liquid stock (600g) to the bowl. Program 11 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on. Remove the lid and mix the chicken pieces around to allow for even cooking.
- Program again 11 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Once cooked, remove chicken and liquid. Set both aside.
- Clean and dry the bowl. Add onion (1), garlic cloves (2) and chilli (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the cumin (1 tsp), coriander (1 tsp), paprika (1 tsp) and oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add chicken back to bowl. Shred Reverse+Speed 4 / 4-6 seconds.
- Squeeze lime juice (from 1 lime) over the chicken and add a little of the set aside chicken stock to moisten chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Mix Reverse+Speed 2 to combine.
- Serve in tortillas with fillings of choice.
- * If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.
Please do not copy or share my recipes in full elsewhere. Please share the recipe URL instead. Before commencing any recipe, please be sure to read and adhere to the user guides and safety manuals of your thermo mixer and/or other appliances used. Each appliance differs; therefore, the recipes and methods are to be used as guides only. Exercise caution and common sense in the kitchen at all times.