Last night I posted a sneak peak of my take on Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Creamy Garlic Sauce. It proved very popular!
You may all remember Stephs “varoma dish of the week” winning post not too long ago where she created this dish (Thermomix Australia must have clued in on how great it is too because it featured today as their varoma dish of the week!). Steph blows me away. Her food is beyond amazing. What she whips up as a quick dinner is something so delicious looking its inspiring. Now she is someone I would love to see have a page or a cookbook so I can follow her!!!
This is my take on Stephs dish. I ended up winging mine based on what was in the pantry and fridge. I dont drink wine so needed to create a sauce without it. I have been chatting to lots of people who all have their own take on this dish or similar. The fillings are endless as are the sauces you could use. I was going to do a honey mustard sauce. I might try that next time. Stephs recipe includes parsnip chips as well. These sound and look amazing and I must try these next time.
This is to feed two. Double or triple as required.
- 2 chicken breasts, fat and skin removed and butterflied
- 8 baby spinach leaves
- Feta to taste (I used the tiniest of pieces)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic and herb butter
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon garlic and herb butter
- 150mls cream
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Vegetables of choice
- Place 600mls water into bowl.
- Cook for 8 mins, speed 3, steaming temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (this is to crisp up the prosciutto briefly after cooking)
- Meanwhile, spread a little butter on chicken breasts, top with baby spinach leaves and crumbled feta.
- Roll chicken up ensuring the filling is secure.
- Wrap prosciutto around the outside of the chicken tightly.
- Get a piece of baking paper and scrunch and wet it. Flatten out and place on the bottom steaming attachment dish. Place chicken on top of it.
- Cook for 16-18 minutes, speed 3, steaming temperature.
- Meanwhile prepare your vegetables of choice (I used asparagus and shaved carrot) and place onto top steaming tray. Rinse well.
- In the last 6 minutes of the cooking time place vegetable tray in place and continue cooking. You may need to pop it in sooner depending on the vegtables you use.
- Once cooked place chicken onto a tray an into an oven for 10 minutes just to crisp up the prosciutto.
- Place vegies into an insulated server or keep together in the steamer attachment to keep warm.
- Into the machine bowl add the garlic. Chop on speed 8 for 4 seconds. Scrape down.
- Add butter.
- Cook for 4 minutes, speed 2, 100 degrees
- Add cream.
- Cook for 4 minutes, speed 2, 100 degrees.
- Mix the corn flour and water together to remove any lumps.
- Add to bowl along with salt and pepper. Season it well.
- Cook for 2 minutes, speed 2, 100 degrees.
- Serve sauce over chicken and/or vegetables.
- Those with a Thermomix will know their steaming temperature as Varoma temperature. Other machines will know it as the steaming or ST temperature.
- Those with a Thermomix will know their steaming attachment as a Varoma. Other machines will know it as the steamer.