I made a bunch of these salt dough shapes for my boys to decorate for the Christmas tree.
Decorate with paint, glitter, sequins etc.
This is in cups rather than grams as its just second nature and I didn’t think to weigh and record.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Place into bowl.
- Knead for two minutes.
- Roll out. I find rolling between two pieces of baking paper easiest.
- Cut desired shapes.
- Place onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Re roll any leftover dough and cut shapes.
- I use a straw to make a hole for the string.
- Bake at 140 degrees until dry, about 2-3 hours. You my need to flip them over a few times.
- I sometimes cheat and start low for half an hour and then pop up to 180 for approx 20 mins. You have to watch they don’t burn.
- You can add food dye if you want a coloured dough.
- It will make about 5 shapes depending on size of your cutter.